Hey there, Anchored podcast listeners! Anchored is a professional development series brought to you by OneOp Family Development. We developed this series to support and inspire those connected to military families. Each episode highlights real-life struggles that many families encounter and practical solutions to promote resilience. Click here to go to our Anchored podcast series page!
2018 has been a great year for our Anchored podcast series! We’ve covered some really unique and varied topics that are great resources for professionals working with military families. Below is a snapshot of each episode from this past year and the link to their respective recording. And as always, “We invite you to sit back, relax and get Anchored with us!”
- Episode 11| Books Over Boots: Experiences of College Students in Military Families
- A look at Dr. Meagan Arrastia-Chisholm’s research initiative on factors surrounding dependents in military families who are currently attending college.
- Episode 12| Ready, Set, THRIVE! A Supportive Approach to Parenting
- Highlighting the goals of the THRIVE Initiative, this episode focuses on their mission designed to empower parents as they raise and nurture their children.
- Episode 13| Handle with Care: Helping Children Cope with Parental Loss
- This episode discusses the effects of grief on children and how to effectively intervene in order to help them process the loss of a parent through illness, injury, or death.
- Episode 14| Double Duties: Exploring Single Parenthood in the Military
- A look at two military parents who share their personal experiences navigating being active duty military personnel with being single parenthood.
- Episode 15| Bridging the Gaps: Helping Wounded Warriors Heal at Home
- A peek inside the Wounded Warrior Project’s Independence Program, which focuses on assisting military families/caregivers with military service members/veterans who have traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injuries, or other neurological conditions.
- Episode 16| Walking the PATHH: Exploring the Journey of Posttraumatic Growth
- Josh Goldberg, Executive Director of Boulder Crest Institute for Posttraumatic Growth, discusses the phenomenon known as posttraumatic growth and the impact that trauma can have that offers opportunities for growth from struggle.