About This Course
This four-part, asynchronous learning module was created by the OneOp’s Early Intervention team.
The interactive course focuses on the rights of young children with disabilities in military families, eligibility for special education programs and services for children with disabilities available within military systems, and strategies to support military families as they navigate these systems in military contexts.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
- This FD Early Intervention module will offer 4.5 CE credits through the Early Intervention Training Program (EITP) at the University of Illinois for providers in Illinois through 6/30/2023. To learn more about EITP, go to https://eitp.education.illinois.edu/
- Approved for 4.5 Continuing Education Credits for the Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) program through the National Council on Family Relations through 11/16/2023.
- Participants will be eligible for credits and a certificate of completion for general use upon finishing the module in its entirety and passing a post-test.
To Register and Access the Module:
Participants in this course are invited to self-enroll and complete it at their own pace. To get started, follow the steps below:
- Go to eXtension Online Campus
- Follow the links and directions as prompted to “Create New Account”, then watch for an email confirming your new account. If you don’t get it, request assistance by following the Help link at https://campus.extension.org
- Login with your new account at https://campus.extension.org
- Search for the course using the keyword “Advocacy” or follow this link to the course.
- Click the course title and then click “Enroll Me.” You do not need an enrollment key.
- You can now access the course.
*Note: You will need to login with the username and password you created each time you access the module. Please make a note of this information.
- Before accessing the module, please ensure the pop-up blocker for your browser is turned OFF.
- The content includes audio, video, and PDF files. Please check your settings to ensure your computer can open these types of files.
Questions related to accessing this module can be sent to MFLNFDEarlyIntervention@gmail.com
Content Author and Developers:
Nicole (Nikki) Adams, Ed.M. (Content Co-author)
Robyn DiPietro-Wells, Ed.M. (Content Co-author)
Alissa Jones, Ed.M. (Instructional Designer)
Meghan Burke, Ph.D., BCBA-D (Content Advisor)