Caregiving 101 offers an array of information for military family caregivers such as respite care, assistive technology devices, assisted living facilities, caregiver commonalities and differences, and understanding caregiver emotions.
- The Link Between Being Positive & Stress
- How our Bodies React to Stress
- Action Strategies to Help Caregivers Stay Positive
- Internally Focused Strategies to Help Stay Positive
- Are You Feeling Helpless as a Caregiver?
- Are you Making Your Care Receiver Feel Helpless?
- What is “Learned Helplessness?”
- Is Caregiving Making You Feel Like Your Life is on Hold?
- Post 9/11 Caregivers are at Risk of Depression & Other Health Concerns
- Keep Calm & Carry On: Working with Difficult Clients
- The Caregiver in the Room: Considerations for Providers Working with Families
- Considerations when Working with Individuals with Special Needs
- Communication “In the Crunch”
- Factors that Influence Family Relationships when Caregiving
- Reasons for Family Conflict while Caregiving
- Caregiving & Conflict with Family Members
- Strategies to Improve Conflicts Between Care Receiver & Caregivers
General Caregiving Issues
- Helping Families Deal with the Realities of a Disability
- Who Me? I’m Not a Caregiver!
- Financial Stressors Amongst Military Caregivers
- A Strategy to Help Military Caregivers Use Resources/Support
- Detour Ahead: Planning for Contingencies on Your Caregiving Journey
- Hidden Heroes: Caregiver Stress and What to Do About It