- This event has passed.
Juvenile Justice Responses to Youth in Conflict with the Law
Thu December 2, 2021: 11:00 am-12:30 pm ESTFree
About This Webinar:
This session provides an introduction to the juvenile justice system and the juvenile court. Information regarding processing juvenile cases, court hearings, roles and responsibilities, adolescent brain science, restoration and rehabilitation for juveniles, and diversion programming for youth is presented. The unique challenges of military-connected youth who enter the juvenile justice system are addressed.
By the end of this webinar presentation, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and responsibilities of the juvenile justice system.
- Discuss the connection between the adolescent brain and court responses.
- Identify the unique challenges of military-connected youth who enter the justice system.
Cheri Ely, M.A., LSW, NCJFCJ – Program Director for Juvenile Justice with the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges
Honorable John Romero (ret.) – Chair, NCJFCJ Military Committee
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
Click the button below for CE credit
You will be prompted to complete an evaluation after which a link will be provided.
The following continuing education (CE) opportunities are available:
- Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists: Programming approval for CE credits has been obtained for Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists from the UT Austin Steve Hicks School of Social Work. **Note: Eligibility for CE credit expires on December 2nd, 2023.
- Certified Family Life Educators (CFLEs): This webinar offers Contact Hours from the National Council on Family Relations to CFLE’s.
- Case Managers: Case Management Continuing Education Credits from the Commission for Case Manager Certification are no longer available for this webinar. However, please click the button above to complete an evaluation to give us your feedback.
- Certificates of completion are available for providers interested in documenting their training activities.
For questions about continuing education opportunities, email OneOp FD at OneOpFamilyDevelopment@gmail.com.
- Webinar Slides| PDF Handout
- Webinar Resources and Links| PDF
- Webinar Flyer | PDF
This webinar is part of the Sexual Behavior in Children & Youth (SBCY) Series hosted by OneOp Family Development. For more information on other professional development opportunities on this topic, visit the series homepage!
*As of 11/15/21, the title for this webinar has been updated to best reflect the material covered in this session.