- This event has passed.
Medicare Changes in 2022: What Providers Need to Know
Wed January 19, 2022: 11:00 am-12:00 pm ESTFree
About This Webinar:
For almost sixty years, Medicare has provided health insurance for Americans aged 65 and older and other qualifying individuals. Medicare basically covers individuals the same way regardless of where they live or their level of income; but, it’s a sprawling program and many beneficiaries don’t realize all the benefits to which they’re entitled. During this session, we will discuss the core elements of the Medicare program and major benefits available under the various “parts.”
- Describe Medicare’s program structure.
- Discuss major benefits available to beneficiaries.
- Identify key dates and resources to help make the most of Medicare coverage.
Andrew Crocker, M.S.
Senior Program Specialist, Gerontology & Health
Family & Community Health
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
As Extension Program Specialist – Gerontology and Health at Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, Andy Crocker’s focus is the health and well-being of older adults. His main role is to support the County Extension Agents for Family and Community Health in their efforts to educate older adults, caregivers, and the professionals who serve them. Since joining AgriLife Extension in 2003, Mr. Crocker has worked to develop resources to help older adults improve their health literacy through communication with their health provider and better medication management; navigate the Internet and access reliable health information; and provide information and referral to grandparents rearing their grandchildren.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
Click the button below for CE credit
You will be prompted to complete an evaluation after which a link will be provided.
- Social Work, LPC, LMFT: Programming approval for 1.0 CE credits will be obtained for Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists from the University of Texas at Austin, Steve Hicks School of Social Work. Check with your state licensing agency for reciprocity and/or credit approval if licensed for other professions or in one of the following states: CO, FL, HI, IA, KS, KY, MI, NY, ND, OH, OK (*Expires: 1/19/24)
- Case Manager: This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with 1.0 clock hours. (*Expires: 1/19/23)
- Board Certified Patient Advocates: This program has been pre-approved by The Patient Advocate Certification Board to provide continuing education credit to Board Certified Patient Advocates (BCPA). The course has been approved for a total of 1.0 CE contact hour, of which 0.0 are in the area of Ethics. (*Expires: 1/19/24)
- Certified Family Life Educators (CFLE): This program has been approved by the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) for 1.0 CE credit for CFLE. (*Expires: 1/19/24)
- Certificates of Attendance are available for providers interested in documenting their training activities.