- This event has passed.
Warrior Care Recovery Care Coordination Program
Tue October 26, 2021: 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDTFree
About This Webinar
The Recovery Coordination Program (RCP) provides the support of Recovery Care Coordinators (RCCs) to wounded, ill and injured service members to ensure they get the non-medical support they need to create the life they want. The purpose of RCP is to bring awareness to the Defense Health Agency program, partners, and resources. This presentation provides resource information and tools for providers that support wounded, ill, and injured populations, along with caregivers and their families.
After completing this webinar, participants should be able to do the following:
- Identify the components of the Recovery Coordination Program (RCP).
- Review legislative requirements mandating RCP.
- Identify tools and resources applicable to the care coordination process for providers and family caregivers.
Director for Recovery Coordination Program
Defense Health Agency
Ms. Mason is responsible for the Recovery Coordination Program within the Defense Health Agency; which provides assistance and oversight to Recovering Service Members and their families. She has been a part of the program since July 2008. Ms. Mason brings a wealth of knowledge to the program. She possesses over 30 years of experience in the healthcare arenas as a skilled professional social worker, military officer and administrator. She also has an extensive background in case management, which includes experience working with a broad spectrum of populations. From August 2006 to June 2008, Ms. Mason served as the Personnel Management Officer and Presiding Officer for the D.C. Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. In 2005-2006, she served as a liaison for severely injured Soldiers, linking them to existing services as a counselor advocate at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas. Ms. Mason received both a Masters of Social Work, in 1989, and a Bachelors of Psychology, in 1985, from Our Lady of the Lake University in San Antonio, Texas.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
Click the button below for CE credit
You will be prompted to complete an evaluation after which a link will be provided.
- Social Work, LPC, LMFT: Programming approval for 1.0 CE credits will be obtained for Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists from the University of Texas at Austin, Steve Hicks School of Social Work. Check with your state licensing agency for reciprocity and/or credit approval if licensed for other professions or in one of the following states: CO, FL, HI, IA, KS, KY, MI, NY, ND, OH, OK (Expires: 10/26/2023)
- Case Manager: This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with 1.0 clock hours. (Expires: 10/26/2022)
- Board Certified Patient Advocates: This program has been pre-approved by The Patient Advocate Certification Board to provide continuing education credit to Board Certified Patient Advocates (BCPA). The course has been approved for a total of 1.0 CE contact hour, of which 0.0 are in the area of Ethics. (Expires: 10/26/2023)
- Certified Family Life Educators (CFLE): This program has been approved by the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) for 1.0 CE credit for CFLE. (Expires: 10/26/2023)
- Certificates of Attendance are available for providers interested in documenting their training activities.
Interagency Care Coordination Committee