- This event has passed.
Destigmatizing Help-Seeking for Military Couples
Wed November 10, 2021: 11:00 am-12:30 pm ESTFree
About This Webinar:
(webinar 1 of 5 in the military couple relationship series)
Military couples face unique challenges associated with military life — and because strength and resilience are pillars of the military mindset, it can be difficult for them to seek help and counseling. The Office of Military Community and Family Policy launched the “Re the We” campaign to help break down barriers, destigmatize help seeking and inspire more people to get relationship support. Join this webinar to learn about this interactive campaign initiative designed to provide tools and resources to help rekindle, repair and reset relationships.
- Identify evidence-based skill-building tools and confidential counseling and consultations offered by Military OneSource and the Military and Family Life Counseling Program.
- Normalize and encourage relationship help-seeking for military couples through Re the We campaign content.
- Refer service members and military couples to relationship support and non-medical counseling services.
Kelly Smith is a clinical social worker who serves as a program analyst for the Department of Defense, Military Community and Family Policy (MC&FP).
In her role on the Outreach and Engagement team for the Military OneSource, the Military and Family Life Counseling (MFLC) program, and the Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program, where she is responsible for program communications, outreach activities, and the non-medical counseling relationship campaign. Kelly continues to have a passion for reducing barriers to help-seeking and the study of organizational psychology.
Ms. Smith is a wife, mother of two small children, and proud daughter of retired Airman and sister of a Marine.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit and Certificate of Completion
Click the button below for CE credit
You will be prompted to complete an evaluation after which a link will be provided.
OneOp Family Transitions applied and has been given approval for the following Continuing Education (CE) credits:
- Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists: 1.5 CE credits for Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists from the UT Austin Steve Hicks School of Social Work.
- Certified Family Life Educators (CFLEs): 1.5 Contact Hours from the National Council on Family Relations to CFLE’s.
- Certificate of completion will also be available for providers interested in documenting their training activities.
This webinar is part of the A Close Look at Relationships: Supporting Military Couples series, which shares research on the impact of military life on families, as well as tools and resources for service professionals to assist military couples and families in strengthening relationships.