- This event has passed.
The Relationship Changes of Military Couples During Reintegration
Thu May 12th: 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDTFree
About This Webinar:
Following their return home from deployment, military couples experience a wide variety of changes in their relationship. This webinar will explore the findings of an 8-month longitudinal study of 555 military couples during the reintegration period. Based on these findings, recommendations for prevention and intervention services designed to help military couples negotiate relationship changes across the post-deployment transition will be discussed.
During this webinar, participants will:
- Identify the major domains of relationship changes military couples experience during the post-deployment period.
- Understand the valence of the relationship changes military couples experience during reintegration (positive, negative, and neutral).
- Describe the trajectories of positive, negative, and neutral relationship changes military couples experience over time during the post-deployment period.
- Evaluate recommendations for prevention and intervention services designed to help military couples negotiate relationship changes across the post-deployment transition.
NOTE: This is the final webinar in the Supporting Military Couples series. Archived webinars still offer continuing education credit.
Lynne M. Knobloch-Fedders is an assistant professor in the Department of Counselor Education and Counseling Psychology at Marquette University, and a licensed clinical psychologist specializing in couple and family therapy. Her research investigates the links between mental health, couple relationships, and psychotherapy process and outcome, with a particular emphasis on promoting military family health and well-being.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit and Certificate of Attendance
OneOp Family Transitions has applied and has received approval for the following Continuing Education (CE) credits:
- Social Work , Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists: Approved for 1.0 CE credits for Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist from the UT Austin Steve Hicks School of Social Work.
- Certified Family Life Educators (CFLEs): Approved for 1.0 Contact Hours from the National Council on Family Relations to CFLE’s.
- Certificate of attendance will also be available for providers interested in documenting their training activities.
This webinar is part of the A Close Look at Relationships: Supporting Military Couples series, which shares research on the impact of military life on families, as well as tools and resources for service professionals to assist military couples and families in strengthening relationships.