- This event has passed.
Incorporating Nutrition-Focused Physical Exams into Practice
Wed November 9, 2022: 11:00 am-12:00 pm ESTFree
This webinar has been rescheduled from its original date of July 28, 2022.
About This Webinar:
A nutrition-focused physical exam (NFPE) is a key component of the RDN’s assessment. It helps identify patients with malnutrition and at risk for malnutrition and identifies potential vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Incorporating NFPE is an essential skill for RDNs. This webinar provides professionals with tips to improve their NFPE skills, enabling them to provide improved interventions and patient outcomes.
- Describe how A.S.P.E.N./Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Physical Findings criteria assist with diagnosing patients with malnutrition
- Detect muscle and subcutaneous fat losses
- Discuss malnutrition’s overlap with cachexia, frailty, and sarcopenia
- Recognize physical findings related to micronutrient deficiencies
- Evaluate hydration status
Dr. Jillian Wanik, DCN, RDN, CD/N
Assistant Professor in Residence
Director, Dietetic Internship Program
Department of Allied Health Sciences
University of Connecticut
Dr. Wanik is an Assistant Professor in Residence and Director of the Dietetic Internship Program in the Department of Allied Health Sciences. She is a Doctor of Clinical Nutrition (DCN), Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), Board-Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD), and Certified Nutrition Support Specialist (CNSC). Her research interests include exploring the relationships between physical activity levels and changes in anthropometrics (weight, waist circumference, and percent body fat), health-related quality of life, and mindfulness’s role in changing health behaviors.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
This webinar offers:
- 1.0 CPEU for RDNs and NDTRs
- Certificate of completion
Image: Pix4free.org/Nick Youngson