- This event has passed.
Ensuring Smooth EI Transitions
Wed September 14, 2022: 11:00 am-12:30 pm EDTFree
About This Webinar:
This third session in the Going Virtual series highlights tips early intervention service coordinators and service providers can use to facilitate smooth transitions for families 1) when moving from EI to the special education system, and 2) when relocating from one EI program to another.
*Note: Attendance at previous sessions is not necessary. Live sessions are recorded and archived for later viewing.
Dana Childress, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator of Early Childhood Special Education at Old Dominion University in Norfolk VA. She has worked in the field of early intervention (EI) for more than 27 years as an early interventionist, service coordinator, supervisor, training facilitator, author, and consultant.
Megan Schumaker-Murphy, Ed.D. is an assistant professor at Salem State University with experience as an early childhood special education teacher, early intervention provider, and teacher coach. Dr. Schumaker-Murphy’s research is focused on how early childhood educators can engage in equitable practices.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
This OneOp Early Intervention webinar series:
- Offers CE credits through the Early Intervention Training Program (EITP) at the University of Illinois.
- Is a Gateways to Opportunity Registry-approved Training for early care and education professionals in Illinois.
- Has been approved for 1.5 Continuing Education Credits for the Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) program through the National Council on Family Relations.
- 1.5 State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs) for providers in Michigan has been requested. Approval pending.
- The following states have agreed to recognize the EI CE credits we offer: Arizona, Georgia, Louisiana, Maine, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington.
The Early Intervention team is actively seeking CE credits. Please check back frequently for updates.
For questions about CE opportunities not addressed in the information above, email the Early Intervention team at OneOpEarlyIntervention@gmail.com
Going Virtual | Series
This four-part webinar series discusses equitable, culturally sustaining early intervention (EI) and early childhood (EC) care and education strategies and their application in a virtual, or telehealth, environment. These webinars address family coaching practices, aspects of the transition process in various contexts, and common challenges often experienced by families and practitioners in the virtual setting. Webinars occur live, but are recorded and available for later viewing. Attend/View as many as you are able.