- This event has passed.
Resilience in a Pandemic-Impacted Era
Wed December 7, 2022: 11:00 am-12:00 pm ESTFree
About This Webinar
Throughout the past few years, service professionals have been faced with many challenges but through resiliency and change, have continued to provide services to military families. This webinar discusses how to assess our progress during these trying times by considering the following:
- Mental health challenges when delivering services
- Strategies we reused to remain resilient
- New strategies we implemented to boost our resilience
- Specific changes we made to our approach as a service provider
- Lessons learned that can become “best practices” for life
In this upcoming webinar, we will learn to:
- Assess how resilient we were before the pandemic.
- Identify what kept us resilient.
- Recognize what we can do to help ourselves and clients to remain resilient as the next year unfolds despite pandemic related challenges.
Lakshmi Mahadevan, Ph.D.
Associate Professor & Extension Specialist, Special Populations
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
Dr. Mahadevan has a doctorate in Educational Psychology with an emphasis in Career Development Education from Texas A&M University. Her areas of expertise include universal design for learning, and accessible curriculum. She has more than 15 years of experience in conducting face-to-face and online professional development with educators in Texas addressing various special populations-related issues. Dr. Mahadevan evaluates the accessibility of educational programs, oversees curriculum fidelity and quality control of a community-based life skills program for youth aged 18 through 24 and provides subject matter expertise on advancing equity in career and technical education.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
- Social Work, LPC, LMFT: Programming approval for 1.0 CE credits will be obtained for Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists from the University of Texas at Austin, Steve Hicks School of Social Work. Check with your state licensing agency for reciprocity and/or credit approval if licensed for other professions or in one of the following states: CO, FL, HI, IA, KS, KY, NY, ND, OH, OK
- Case Manager: This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with 1.0 clock hours.
- Board Certified Patient Advocates: This program has been pre-approved by The Patient Advocate Certification Board to provide continuing education credit to Board Certified Patient Advocates (BCPA). The course has been approved for a total of 1.0 CE contact hour, of which 0.0 are in the area of Ethics.
- Certificates of Attendance are available for providers interested in documenting their training activities.