- This event has passed.
Retirement Benefit Basics for Active Duty, Guard, and Reserve Components
Tue September 13, 2022: 11:00 am-12:30 pm EDTFree
About This Webinar:
Gain a solid understanding of retirement benefits available to the Total Force, in this webinar for Personal Financial Managers (PFMs) and other service providers working with military families. Upon completion of this webinar, service providers will be able to:
- Identify similarities and differences in retirement benefits between components
- Differentiate how the Component type affects the Blended Retirement vs legacy systems
- Learn how to roughly calculate retirement benefits for a service member
- Locate resources available to the provider and service member on retirement benefits
Mark Overberg retired from the US Army in 2007. In 2010, he became the Deputy Director, Army Retirement Services within the Army’s Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff, G-1. In 2016, Overberg was promoted to Director. Working out of Arlington, VA, Overberg is responsible for all Army retirement services policy and oversight of the program’s delivery to Soldiers of all three components plus 1.25 million Retired Soldiers and surviving spouses and strategic level program communications.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
This webinar is approved for 1.5 Continuing Education (CE) credits to:
- The Association for Financial Counseling & Planning Education (AFCPE) for Accredited Financial Counselors (AFC) and
- The Center for Financial Certifications (FinCert) for Certified Personal Finance Counselors (CPFC)
- Case Manager: This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with 1.5 clock hours.
- Board Certified Patient Advocates: This program has been pre-approved by The Patient Advocate Certification Board to provide continuing education credit to Board Certified Patient Advocates (BCPA). The course has been approved for a total of 1.5 CE contact hour, of which 0.0 are in the area of Ethics.
- We also offer a certificate of attendance.
Cover Photo: c-George from Getty Images Pro, via Canva