- This event has passed.
Identifying Key Collaborators for School Services for Military-Connected Students
Wed March 29th: 11:00 am-12:30 pm EDTFree
About This Webinar:
The first session of the Collaborative Connections series assists participants in understanding the points of contact for differing educational services and the roles of those service providers in Department of Defense schools and local civilian schools. Discover the differing levels of engagement key collaborators take in students’ day-to-day experience and overall educational careers.
Kary Zarate, Ph.D. is a teaching assistant professor in Special Education at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Through her teaching and research, Kary’s work centers on improving educational outcomes for students with significant emotional, behavioral, and cognitive needs through personnel preparation. Kary believes in breaking down barriers for all learners and works diligently to dismantle systems of oppression.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
- This OneOp webinar series:
- Has been approved for 1.5 Continuing Education Credits for the Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) program through the National Council on Family Relations.
- Offers 1.5 State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs) for providers in Michigan.
- Board Certified Patient Advocates: This program has been pre-approved by The Patient Advocate Certification Board to provide continuing education credit to Board Certified Patient Advocates (BCPA). The course has been approved for a total of 1.5 CE contact hour, of which 0.0 are in the area of Ethics.
- Case Managers: This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with 1.5 clock hours.
- Family & Consumer Sciences Professionals: This webinar provides 1.5 PDUs towards CFCS from the American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences.
- Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists: Programming approval for 1.5 CE credits has been obtained for Social Work, LPCs, and LMFTs from the University of Texas at Austin, Steve Hicks School of Social Work. Check with your state licensing agency for reciprocity and/or credit approval if licensed for other professions or in one of the following states: CO, FL, HI, IA, KS, KY, MI, NY, ND, OH, OK
DoD School Liaison Contact Information Card
School Liaison Connections Example (Air Force)
Collaborative Connections | Series
This four-part series will focus on the skills needed by professionals working with military-connected students ages 5-22 and their families to successfully collaborate with one another, engage with families, and leverage military and civilian community resources to support each family and their individual needs.