- This event has passed.
Care Considerations for the Transgender and Gender-Diverse Military Community
Thu May 11th: 11:00 am-12:30 pm EDTFree
About This Webinar:
This webinar focuses on applying affirmative, evidence-based best practices for care delivery for Transgender and Gender-Diverse adults in the military community. Join to receive a review of research-informed techniques and content geared towards skill development for delivering specialty care services. This session provides ample opportunity for discussion around the application of these techniques.
By the end of this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Understand foundational terms and concepts for providing affirmative care to the LGBTQ+ community
- Describe competency guidelines for providing transgender specialty care services (i.e., evaluations of readiness)
- Identify special considerations for testing with the transgender and gender-diverse community
- Apply affirmative care techniques through case vignette review and discussion
This webinar is the second of two webinars with Dr. Lange on competent and affirmative LGBTQ+ care. Watch the first webinar now, Providing Affirmative Care to the LGBTQ+ Military Community.
Dr. Tiffany Lange, Psy.D. (she/her/hers) is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist and earned a doctoral degree from Spalding University in Louisville, Kentucky. She completed an advanced fellowship in Women’s and LGBTQ+ Health within the Veterans Health Administration and has served in senior leadership roles in non-profit, government, and private healthcare organizations. Currently, she is the Senior Clinical Director of Utilization Review at one of the nation’s largest managed care organizations where she oversees the care management of Medicaid behavioral health programming.
Dr. Lange has over a decade’s worth of experience working with underserved and marginalized communities and has devoted her professional career to advancing health equity and bridging the practice-research gap. Her areas of expertise are in trauma reactions, substance use, Military Veteran populations, LGBTQ+ affirmative care, and advocacy (individual and systemic levels). She has a proven history of scaling innovative interventions and programming resulting in national awards, plenary speaker engagements, invited congressional briefings and round tables, peer-reviewed publications, media attention, and participation in several national initiatives.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
This webinar offers the following Continuing Education (CE) credits:
- Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists: Programming approval for 1.5 CE credit has been obtained for Social Work, LPCs, and LMFTs from the University of Texas at Austin, Steve Hicks School of Social Work. Check with your state licensing agency for reciprocity and/or credit approval if licensed for other professions or in one of the following states: CO, FL, HI, IA, KS, KY, MI, NY, ND, OH, OK.
- Case Managers: This program has been approved by the Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide board-certified case managers with 1.5 clock hours
- Certified Family Life Educators: This program has been approved by the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) for 1.5 CE credit for CFLEs
- Board Certified Patient Advocates: This program has been approved by The Patient Advocate Certification Board to provide CE credit to Board Certified Patient Advocates (BCPA). The course has been approved for a total of 1.5 CE contact hours, of which 0.0 are in the area of Ethics
- OneOp Certificates of Attendance will be available for those interested in documenting additional professional development activities
- Webinar Slides | Printable PDF
- Webinar Resources and Links | PDF
- Supporting Military Families with LGBTQ+ Youth with Cathy Marcello| Practicing Connection Podcast Episode
- Webinar Flyer| Shareable PDF
Cover Image: Photo by Rosemary Ketchum from Pexels