- This event has passed.
How Providers Can Support Advocacy & Leadership in Parents of Children with Disabilities
Wed February 28, 2018: 11:00 am-12:00 pm ESTFree
About This Webinar
In this interactive webinar tailored to providers who work with parents of children with disabilities, Dr. Taylor will share insights from her research on advocacy with over 300 parents of children with disabilities as well as her personal experiences in advocating for her 11-year-old son with fragile X syndrome. Participants will learn about the advocacy strategies parents use in successful advocacy efforts as well as how the parenting and advocacy journey shifts as children grow.
- Learn about the goals, settings, strategies, and effectiveness of parent advocacy efforts on behalf of their children with disabilities.
- Explore opportunities to partner with, support, and mentor parents in their advocacy efforts.
- Apply knowledge and skills to case examples about parental advocacy.
Sarah Taylor, MSW, Ph.D.
Department of Social Work
California State University
Continuing Education (CE) Credit or Certificate of Completion
- The eXtension Military Caregiving concentration will apply for 1.0 CE credit from the UT School of Social Work. A certificate of completion will also be available.
- For more information on CE credit go to: Continuing Education Instructions
- For a complete list of our Military Caregiving courses for CE credit go to: Extension Online
- Click here for Extension Online Course Instructions.
*The cover image is licensed from iStockphoto.com by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and OneOp (MFLN), under Member ID: 8085767