- This event has passed.
Virtual Learning Event #3 – Empowering Caregivers and Families
Wed October 26, 2016: 11:00 am-12:30 pm EDT
This is session 3 of 3 of the 2016 Virtual Learning Event hosted by the Military Caregiving Concentration Area.
Military helping professionals identify communication as a significant challenge in their work with Service members and families. This session will provide an in-depth look at effective practices for communicating sensitive topics. Highlighting real-life challenges and solutions, case studies, practices from the field and a panel of professionals will be employed in addressing some of the most pressing communication issues military helping professionals face.
Military helping professionals participating in this session will be able to:
- Identify practices which promote effective communication.
- Apply communication practices which promote trust.
- Identify communication practices which promote client efficacy.
Certificate of Completion
- The Military Caregiving concentration will provide a certificate of completion.
- For a complete list of our Military Caregiving courses for CE credit go to Extension Online
- Click here for Extension Online Course Instructions.
2016 VLE Session #3 PowerPoint Slides (Slideshare Version)
2016 VLE Session #3 PowerPoint Slides (PDF Version)
OneOp WEBINAR: 2016 VLE Session #1