- This event has passed.
Virtual Learning Event #1 – Communication for Interpersonal Relationships
Wed October 12, 2016: 11:00 am-12:30 pm EDT
Interpersonal communication is a core feature of everyday life. It is fundamental to how we care for loved ones, support family members, connect with friends, and advance in careers. This webinar is primarily intended for military family service providers and will cover basic aspects of interpersonal communication. Specific topics include reasons for learning about interpersonal communication, types of interpersonal communication goals, and kinds of interpersonal communication tasks. Guidelines will be provided for disclosing information, maintaining relationships, providing comfort, and managing conflict.
After completing this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe types of goals in interpersonal communication situations.
- Identify three guidelines for disclosing information.
- Identify three guidelines for maintaining relationships.
- Identify four guidelines for providing comfort.
- Identify three guidelines for managing conflict.
Leanne Knobloch, Ph.D.
Professor, Director of Graduate Studies of Communication
College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
University of Illinois
Continuing Education (CE) Credit or Certificate of Completion
- For a complete list of our Military Caregiving courses for CE credit go to Extension Online
- Click here for Extension Online Course Instructions