- This event has passed.
Promoting Knowledge Gain & Behavior Change Through Effective Education
Tue May 12, 2015: 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDT
This session will focus on the theme of working with lay audiences to elicit knowledge gain and behavior change. We’ve spent more than a year providing military helping professionals top-notch content and subject-matter expertise on a variety of relevant topics but we’ve never really focused on core professional development. And, for some professionals, specifically those with no background or training in education or through a professional licensure, this may be brand new information.
Key objectives include:
- Effective communication: active listening and responding
- Principles of adult learning: how and why adults take in and process information
- Stages of change: how and why adults think about implementing new knowledge/behaviors
Continuing Education (CE) Credit OR Certificate of Completion
- For a complete list of our Military Caregiving courses for CE credit go to Extension Online
- Click here for Extension Online Course Instructions.