- This event has passed.
Engaging Military Fathers to Model Healthy Relationships for their Children: Lessons from Promundo’s Global Work with Dads
Tue July 7, 2020: 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDTFree
About This Webinar:
Promundo works with men and boys from diverse backgrounds and communities to support men’s wellness and encourage their active participation as positive figures in their relationships with other men, with their spouses and partners and their children.
This interactive presentation shares key lessons with military family readiness professionals on what men think about their social expectations and responsibilities to be providers, caregivers, partners, and parents.
Using an early child development lens, presenters teach best practices and tips for promoting the active engagement of service member dads in their children’s lives. By fostering men’s nurturing parenting skills, family readiness system staff help to support healthy relationships among military couples.
Jane Kato-Wallace serves as a Promundo Fellow with the Programs team at Promundo-US. She brings nearly ten years of experience developing gender-transformative curricula, conducting training, and leading research related to engaging men and boys for gender equality.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
Click the button below for CE credit
You will be prompted to complete an evaluation after which a link will be provided.
- Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists:
- UT Social Work CE Credits are no longer available for this webinar. However, please click the button above to complete an evaluation to give us your feedback.
- Certified Family Life Educators (CFLEs): Contact Hours from the National Council on Family Relations to CFLE’s are available.
- Case Managers: Case Management Continuing Education Credits from the Commission for Case Manager Certification are no longer available for this webinar. However, please click the button above to complete an evaluation to give us your feedback.
- Certificates of completion are available for providers interested in documenting their training activities.
- Webinar Slides | Printable PDF
- The Man Box: A Study on Being a Young Man in the US, UK, and Mexico | Website
- Staying-at-Home with our Sons: Fostering Healthy Masculinity in Challenging Times | Website
- MenCare: A Global Fatherhood Campaign | Website
- State Of America’s Fathers (Promundo-US 2016 Report) | Website
- Program P – A Manual for Engaging Men in Fatherhood, Caregiving, Maternal and Child Health | Website
- USAID Learning Lab – Gender 101: Gender Equality at USAID | Course Website
- OneOp Webinar Flyer | PDF