The 2022 Military Family Readiness Academy series focuses on individuals’ understanding of social justice and equity, including their own understanding of privilege and oppression.
Courses and panel discussions will equip family service providers with the skills to identify barriers that impact a family’s health and well-being and identify opportunities for social justice advocacy in their work. The Academy series will address the intersections between engaging a social justice mindset as a family service professional and the ability to support the well-being of diverse military families.
Download the 2022 Academy Flyer
2022 Academy Series Offerings:
- Self-Paced Courses
- Course 1 | Introduction to Social Justice Lenses for Family Well-Being
- Course 2 | Family Service Providers: Recognizing and Responding to Inequities
- Course 3 | Social Justice and Military Families
- Live Panel Discussions
- Engagement Opportunities
- Series Kickoff with Special Guests
- LinkedIn Group | A Space for Service Providers
- Podcast Episodes:
- Social Justice and Family Well-Being | Practicing Connections
- Recognizing and Responding to Inequity | Practicing Connections
- Social Justice and Military Families | Practicing Connections
- 2022 Military Family Readiness Academy | Military OneSource
Three asynchronous courses will offer engaging modules and interaction, with prompts for reflection on this critically important topic. Course delivery will allow working professionals to engage with course content at their convenience. Each course is estimated to take 90 minutes to complete. Live panel discussions supplement the content of the courses and will be most beneficial to those who have completed the courses. 1.5 continuing education credits from various credentialing agencies for each course and panel discussion are available.
Get started by registering for a free account on Thinkific, the platform we’re using to host the courses. For help, see this page.
LinkedIn Group | A Space for Service Providers
The Academy series is supplemented by the LinkedIn Group Family Well-Being: Navigating the Social Justice Landscape. Share your expertise and experiences with social justice in the delivery of services with us and other professionals!
Sign up for the Academy mailing list to receive additional information and announcements in the coming months.