October 28, 2020
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. ET
About this Session:
Session two of the series takes an in-depth look at disaster and hazard impacts and responses. Dr. Lindsey discusses impacts from several vantage points—social and emotional, family and community, agricultural and environment, and housing and food security. She addresses response phases, factors impacting community recovery, and what professionals and families can do now for better outcomes using a whole community response and recovery approach.
- Discuss at least ten of the impacts from hazards and disasters from overall impacts to impacts on individuals and families.
- Determine at least five factors that impact community response and recovery.
- Identify three tools/tactics communities use to respond to and recover from hazards and disasters.
Keith Tidball, Ph.D.
Cornell University Senior Extension
Associate/Community Capacity Building PI
Continuing Education Credit:
Click the button below for CE credit
You will be prompted to complete an evaluation after which a link will be provided.
- This session is approved for 1.5 general CEUs for FinCert Certified Personal Finance Counselors (CPFC).
- This session is approved for 1.5 general CE credits for AFCPE Accredited Financial Counselors (AFC).
- This session is approved for 1.5 Continuing Education Credits for the Certified Family Life Educator program through the National Council on Family Relations.
- This session is approved for 1.5 CPEU for Registered Dietitians (RDNs) and Dietetic Technicians (NDTRs).
- This session is approved for 1.5 clock hours from the Commission for Case Manager Certification.
- Programming approval for CE credits has been obtained for Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist from the UT Austin Steve Hicks School of Social Work.
- A certificate of completion is available.
- Session Slides (PDF)
- Resource List (PDF)
- Helping You Build Community Capacity Infographic (IMG)
Military Family Readiness Academy
This session is part of the 2020, Disaster and Hazard Readiness Foundations series. Visit the series homepage to learn more about the series, facilitator and other and special activities being offered.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below if you have questions or comments regarding this session.