- This event has passed.
Professional Boundaries in Action: Lessons from Practice
Wed June 5, 2019: 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDTFree
About This Webinar:
There is always a risk that boundaries and roles can become blurred and uncertain in the work of helping professionals. The pressures of time and circumstance can create challenges. Practical lessons drawn from experience can help guide the way for appropriate and effective effort. In this webinar, helping professionals with past and current military experience share insights and advice through case studies and exercises.
- Understand the Principles of Learning as a foundation for appreciating professional boundaries.
- Identify ways to incorporate the Principles of Adult Learning into professional practice.
- Identify ways the Principles of Adult Learning can support and guide professional boundaries.
- Identify methods of reflection to enhance professional interactions and boundaries with others.
Jen Stewart, MSW
Deputy Branch Head, Family Care
Manager, Exceptional Family Member Program Headquarters Marine Corps
Jen Stewart graduated from the University of Hawaii with a Master of Social Work degree. Her work has consistently focused on children and families, and the development and implementation of best practice services. During her career, she has worked in a variety of settings providing clinical and case management services. In 2009, she joined the Headquarters Marine Corps Exceptional Family Member Program and currently serves as the Deputy Branch Head for Family Care and the USMC EFMP Manager.
U.S. Navy Family Readiness Program
Patricia Smith is the Program Manager for the US Navy Family Readiness Program, providing guidance and oversight for the Exceptional Family Members (EFM) Program, Suitability Screening Program, and Educational and Developmental Intervention Services (EDIS). With a degree in Speech Language Pathology from Loyola University in Baltimore, MD, Patricia has more than 25 years of experience working with children and families in the medical, educational, and homecare settings.
Certificate of Completion
Click the button below for a certificate of completion.
You will be prompted to complete an evaluation after which a link will be provided.
- Social Work, LPC, LMFT: Programming approval for 1.0 CE credit will be obtained for Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists from the University of Texas at Austin, Steve Hicks School of Social Work. Check with your state licensing agency for reciprocity and/or credit approval if licensed for other professions or in one of the following states: CO, FL, HI, IA, KS, KY, MI, NY, ND, OH, OK. **Note: Eligibility for CE credit expires on June 5, 2021.
- Case Manager: This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with 1.0 clock hour. **Note: Eligibility for CE credit expires on June 5, 2020.
- Certificates of completion are available for providers interested in documenting their training activities.
Presentation Slides (PDF Version)