- This event has passed.
Physical Activity Across the Lifespan for Individuals with Disabilities
Wed April 25, 2018: 11:00 am-12:00 pm EDTFree
About This Webinar
This session will present the importance and benefits of physical activity for individuals with disabilities. The focus will include how we define developmentally appropriate physical activity for different age groups as well as the legal rights to access and programming. Participants will learn how to determine the most appropriate activities for an individual based on their interests and motivation.
The objectives of this interactive webinar are to:
- Understand the benefits of physical activity for individuals with disabilities.
- Know the recommended activities levels for individuals of all abilities.
- Learn how to match an activity to an individual’s skills and interest
- Discover ways to reach out within your community
- What age or age groups do you work with?
- What types of disabilities?
- What part of the country are you from?
- What is available in your community?
Rebecca K. Lytle, Ph.D.
Adapted Physical Education Program
Department of Kinesiology
California State University, Chico
Target Sports as a Form of Therapy
Summer Camps for Individuals with Disabilities
Military Adaptive Sports Program (MASP) Factsheet
Physical Activity (PA) Interest Inventory
Physical Activity (PA) Goal Setting
Motivation to Help You Move More
Move More – Anytime, Anywhere!
The cover image is licensed from iStockphoto.com by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and OneOp (MFLN), under Member ID: 8085767.