About This Webinar:
The measurement of vitamin D status via 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] testing has increased, and likewise, Vitamin D supplement use has also increased. Vitamin D status can affect body composition, strength and power in athletes, all of which can impact performance. This webinar will explore recent research on the health and performance benefits of Vitamin D and discuss strategies for appropriately assessing Vitamin D status. This webinar will also provide practical solutions for achieving and maintaining optimal vitamin D levels.
At the conclusion of the webinar, the attendee will be able to:
- Summarize recent research related to the health and performance benefits of Vitamin D.
- Describe strategies for assessing Vitamin D status, including the stewardship of their use.
- Explain effective lifestyle, food, beverage, and dietary supplement approaches to achieving optimal Vitamin D levels.
- Recognize Vitamin D misinformation.
- Summarize costs and consequences of excess Vitamin D.
Michelle Rockwell, PhD, RD is an Assistant Professor at the Carilion School of Medicine at Virginia Tech. Broadly, her research focuses on mixed methods approaches to measuring and enhancing healthcare value, de-implementation, and multilevel trust, particularly in the primary care setting. She is a principal investigator for multiple funded research studies and has been an instructor for more than 40 graduate and undergraduate college classes. Michelle is a registered dietitian with experience as a private practice owner, clinic director, EMR transition leader, consultant and as a sports dietitian for professional, collegiate, high school and amateur athletes.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
RDNs and NDTRs: 1.0 CPEU for RDNs and NDTRs approved by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Webinar slides and resources will be available the day prior to the live event.
Cover Image: Pexels – Supplements on Demand