OneOp is thrilled to announce that on June 7th a selection of expert representatives from federal agencies will gather virtually to discuss resources available to alleviate food insecurity for the military community.
The Supportive Programs and Benefits to Expand Food Security for Military Families panel discussion is an excellent opportunity to learn more about expanding food security through supportive programs and benefits. Throughout this discussion, service providers will be equipped with the knowledge needed to make the best possible recommendations and referrals for the families they serve!
Meet Our Panelists:
- Dr. Caree Cotwright, Director of Nutrition Security and Health Equity, USDA
- Dr. Cotwright leads the strategic focus on nutrition security, which includes raising public awareness of USDA’s actions to advance food and nutrition security.
- Ms. Jerilyn Busch, Director of Military Compensation Policy, DoD
- Ms. Busch, a member of the Senior Executive Service, formulates, implements, and administers Department of Defense policies on military personnel compensation and on Reserve Component activation and duty status structure for the total force.
- Mr. Andrew Cohen, Director of Financial Readiness, DoD
- Mr. Cohen leads the Financial Readiness team in the planning, direction, control, and coordination of Department of Defense-wide policies and programs to meet the financial literacy and preparedness needs of service members and their families.
- Sgt. Maj. Michael Saucedo, Senior Enlisted Advisor to Defense Commissary Agency Director, DoD
- Sgt. Maj. Saucedo is responsible for advising the DeCA director on all service members’ needs related to the commissary benefit and serving as the agency liaison with the senior enlisted chiefs of the armed services.
- Dr. Cathy Flynn, Associate Director (Research) for Military Community & Family Policy, DoD
- Dr. Flynn has supported research on quality of life issues for military families and service members at Military Community and Family Policy for the past 18 years.
Submit Your Questions!
We invite you to submit your questions for the panelists prior to the discussion by emailing [email protected].
This learning opportunity is part of the 2023 Military Family Readiness Academy series, Military Families and Food Security: A Call to Action. Learn more about this series and other Academy offerings by visiting the Academy homepage.
Don’t miss this opportunity to mobilize with fellow professionals and make a real impact in the lives of families in your community!