Webinar #1 of 4 in the Military Youth: Protecting and Promoting Resilience and Well-Being webinar series.
Learn how adult relationships play a critical role in young people’s lives, both to support healthy development and to help young people recover from complex lives. Dr. Ginsber will discuss the following important parenting topics:
- The importance of relationships in homes, educational settings, and youth development settings.
- Refutes the cultural narrative about adolescents that serve as a barrier to adult engagement.
- What we know about effective parenting styles and their impact on academic success, behavior, and emotional well-being.
- Essential communication strategies to prepare youth to become more resilient and make young people more comfortable with discomfort.
- Communication strategies will be grounded in an applied understanding of brain science.
Dr. Ken Ginsburg practices Adolescent Medicine at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and is a Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Dr. Ginsburg practices social adolescent medicine — service with particular attention to prevention and recognizing that social context and stressors affect physical and emotional health. He is the Founding Director of The Center for Parent and Teen Communications which works with key influencers to empower parents with the strategies and skill sets that will strengthen their family connections and position them to guide their teens to become their best selves. He also serves Philadelphia’s youth enduring homelessness.
- Military Youth: Protecting and Promoting Resilience and Well-Being – Series flyer
- Preparing Adults to Be the People Military-Connected Youth Deserve in Their Lives – PPT PDF
- Webinar 1 Resource List – Adolescent Well-being Series – PDF
Photo Credit: iStock/FG Trade