About This Webinar:
Dr. Angela Odoms-Young facilitates a panel discussion among expert representatives from federal agencies to explain how military families can access benefits and programs aimed at alleviating food insecurity.
This 90-minute event uncovers how various food security programs and benefits may intersect and align. This panel discussion equips service providers with the knowledge needed to make the best possible recommendations and referrals for the families they serve.
- Providers will have a deeper knowledge of supportive programs and benefits that may contribute to the food security of military families.
- Providers will be able to explain how families can make the most of the programs for which they are qualified.
- Providers will be equipped to make targeted and appropriate recommendations and referrals to various supportive programs and benefits to fit individual client needs and contexts.
Dr. Angela Odoms-Young is The Nancy Schlegel Meining Associate Professor of Maternal and Child Nutrition, Cornell University and the Director of the Food and Nutrition Education in Communities Program (FNEC) and New York State Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program.
Ms. Jerilyn Busch, Director of Military Compensation Policy, DoD
Mr. Andrew Cohen, Director of Financial Readiness, DoD
Dr. Caree Cotwright, Director of Nutrition Security and Health Equity, USDA
Dr. Cathy Flynn, Associate Director (Research) for Military Community & Family Policy, DoD
Sgt. Maj. Michael Saucedo, Senior Enlisted Advisor to Defense Commissary Agency Director, DoD
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
- Certified in Family and Consumer Sciences (CFCS): This program has been approved for 1.5 CE credits from the American Association for Family and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS) for CFCS.
- Certified Nutrition and Wellness Educator (CNWE): This program has been approved for 1.5 CE credits from the American Association for Family and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS) for CNWE.
- Case Manager: This program has been approved by the Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide board-certified case managers with 1.5 clock hours.
- Board Certified Patient Advocates: This program has been pre-approved by the Patient Advocate Certification Board (PACB) to provide continuing education credit to Board Certified Patient Advocates (BCPA). The program has been approved for a total of 1.5 CE contact hours, of which 0.0 are in the area of Ethics.
- Social Work, LPC, LMFT: This program has been approved for 1.5 CEs from the University of Texas at Austin, Steve Hicks School of Social Work.
- Accredited Financial Counselors (AFC): This program has been approved for 1.5 CEUs from the Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education (AFCPE) for AFCs.
- Certified Personal Finance Counselors (CPFC): This program has been approved for 1.5 CEs from FinCert for CPFCs.
- Certified Family Life Educators (CFLE): This program has been approved for 1.5 CEs from National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) for CFLEs.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDN) and Nutrition Dietetics Technicians, Registered (NDTR): This program has been approved for 1.5 CPEU from the Commission on Dietetic Registration for RDNs and NDTRs.
- A OneOp Certificate of Attendance is available.